I am officially in my last trimester! I cannot believe how fast it has gone by, and in about three months or less our little boy will be here. We have started to prepare for our little guy. Baby clothes are starting to come in, Grandma Viola bought us a crib, we registered at Target and Babies R Us, and I have painted the baby room.
I went with a more modern look for our baby boy. I painted his room with gray and white stripes on three of the walls and on his window wall I painted it all gray. He also is going to have a large foam L hanging above the crib because we have named him................. Landon or Landen (Jared and I are still debating the spelling, your welcome to add your vote in) Oakley Lofstrom. He he he so his initials will be L.O.L and we are praying for a April 1st birthday. I know, I know it is not common for babies to come on their due date, but maybe God has a sense of humor too and will grant us our prayer.
So back to the baby room theme because many of you have been calling to find out. I am also going to have framed monkeys and footballs. We are ordering a large football rug for his floor. Along with the gray and white we are incorporating dark brown (the color Landon's crib). Officially titled espresso, with a light/pale green in his bedding and bins. See our Babies R Us registry for the specific colors.
Landon is growing strong and healthy. We got to see him again yesterday. He is 3 lbs and about 14 inches long and a wiggler. He would not hold still for the tech or the dr. I hope that does not predict what he will be like as a young boy. I think being a teacher I deserve a perfect, quiet, and intelligent child, right?? Just kidding of course.
Well keep us in your prayers as we near our due date. I am excited about our home birth and I am praying it all goes well, smoothly and preferably quick. We will keep you posted.
As a copy editor who has to deal with spelling for a living and seriously makes fun of people in the "births" for naming their kids stupid things, "Landon" is my vote.
ReplyDelete